ISO/IEC 27001 with its current version of 2013 is the International Standards Organization specification governing information security management (ISMS). Information security has broad implications for company operations and interactions with customers. Internal data and data submitted by customers and suppliers must be handled securely.
ISO/IEC 27001 is related to the security of all forms of information, including all forms of data, documents, communications, conversations, messages, recordings, and photographs. It includes everything from digital data and email to faxes and telephone conversations.
- Improvements in organizations efficiency and effectiveness
- Compliance with legal, regulatory, and statutory requirements
- Enhanced business continuity and increase customer confidence
- Reducing the likelihood of information misuse and fraud
- Competitive advantage over rivals