ISO 28000 with its version of 2007 is an international supply chain security management system standard. It offers organizations working within, or relying on, the logistics industry, a framework that identifies aspects critical to the security assurance of their supply chain.
ISO 28000:2007 is suitable to organizations that are involved in purchasing, manufacturing, service, storage, transportation and/or sales processes that wish to implement and maintain a security management system for their supply chain.
- Compliance to an international recognized supply chain & logistics management system
- Compliance to legal and other requirements
- Minimize the risks of security incidents and provide “just in time” delivery of goods & supplies.
- It helps to assess security risks & implement controls and mitigating arrangements to manage potential security threats and impacts from the supply chain
- To demonstrate a robust and secure supply chain management system to regulators/authorities and other interested organizations.
- To demonstrate a robust and secure supply chain management system to their customers/potential customers.
- To provide a consistent approach by all service providers within a supply chain.
- Continual improvement